This was a great demo, only wish there was a full game.
Rail Theory Demo
A downloadable game for Windows
Rail Theory is an action RPG with an innovative dynamic difficulty system. A Kickstarter will be launching for the project July 18th, 2017. Some of the games features include:
- A Dynamic Difficulty System – In game player statistics affect the chance certain components will be created on an enemy. This changes up gameplay by varying enemy behavior and abilities.
- Enemies with Randomized Components – Changes the offensive and defensive characteristics of enemies. This will affect both individual and group behavior.
- Cause and Effect Environments – The order in which areas are completed changes the properties of surrounding areas, along with their enemies and boss fights.
- A Unique Health System – Made up of armor, trauma, and stamina. As trauma increases, the amount of total stamina available decreases. The randomized enemy weapons do varying amounts of damage to armor and trauma depending on their properties. (blunt, sharp, caustic, etc.) Having high trauma also has other adverse effects, such as increased aim shake and reduced movement speed, making survival more difficult.
- Multi-Purpose Weaponry – The demo features a dynamic weapon used for both melee and ranged attacks called the Foyl Dredge. It’s design will be built around interactions with the randomized enemy components.
This demo is an early proof of concept.
1. Download Rail Theory Demo.zip
2. Failed Preview message will appear
3. Click Download
4. Accept file download
5. Extract zip file into an empty folder
6. Run Rail Theory Demo.exe
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Really wanna see this game come out at some point.
I liked this game overall, but I think that it's a bit too long as a demo since it's a bit repetitive. I loved the cave section, but the boss fight it was too long for my tastes.
It feels alot like RE4 which is great.
I hope you will be able to make the game!
Sorry about the super late reply. And thanks! We're glad you enjoyed it. The feedback is definitely helpful as we move forward.
Loved the feel of the environment and looks stunning, the idea sounds different and something i would personally try and the demo shows the game well.
Best way is to try it out. I also made a short let's play on it, hope it does it just.
PS: Thanx for the Demo ^_^ (great hands on experience)
Did a three part series on the demo, absolutely love it. Visuals are gorgeous, mechanics are solid, responsive enough to always react but weighty enough to punish mistakes, and the whole world is dripping in chilling atmosphere. I want to know so much more about this world! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the full version!
Doesn not appear to install correctly?
Is an error coming up? Does it make it to the launch window? I'll see there's anything I can troubleshoot.
Clicking the download button on the game's webpage does not initiate a download. Trying to download it through the itch.io app adds the game to the download list, but does not actually install anything. Seems the commenter prior to me, Sam21, experienced the same issue.
Both the button on the website and the link on the inch.io page should just take you to google drive. The website link takes you to a folder in google drive that has the games zip file and instructions, and the itch.io download is just the direct zip file download in that same folder. I'll see if there's any settings I can look at. Could it be your firewall blocking the google drive download? Or maybe try a different browser.
La descarga no se inicia. :(
Alright re4 demon version? Shadows of the Damned inspired game?Not sure. It looks promising.
And the BGM sounds like Alone In The Dark 4 Monsters Theme.
Anyway give it a try.