Rail Theory is an action RPG with an innovative dynamic difficulty system. A Kickstarter will be launching for the project July 18th, 2017. Some of the games features include:
- A Dynamic Difficulty System – In game player statistics affect the chance certain components will be created on an enemy. This changes up gameplay by varying enemy behavior and abilities.
- Enemies with Randomized Components – Changes the offensive and defensive characteristics of enemies. This will affect both individual and group behavior.
- Cause and Effect Environments – The order in which areas are completed changes the properties of surrounding areas, along with their enemies and boss fights.
- A Unique Health System – Made up of armor, trauma, and stamina. As trauma increases, the amount of total stamina available decreases. The randomized enemy weapons do varying amounts of damage to armor and trauma depending on their properties. (blunt, sharp, caustic, etc.) Having high trauma also has other adverse effects, such as increased aim shake and reduced movement speed, making survival more difficult.
- Multi-Purpose Weaponry – The demo features a dynamic weapon used for both melee and ranged attacks called the Foyl Dredge. It’s design will be built around interactions with the randomized enemy components.
This demo is an early proof of concept.
1. Download Rail Theory Demo.zip
2. Failed Preview message will appear
3. Click Download
4. Accept file download
5. Extract zip file into an empty folder
6. Run Rail Theory Demo.exe